Micromax has been coming out with a wide range of smartphones off late which have huge batteries while the others offer dual SIM card supports, having impressive features and most importantly under the INR 10,000 price range.
Ever since the launch and the success of the Galaxy Note by Samsung, smartphones having a big screen are becomingly hugely popular and the Indian handset maker is aiming to set a new benchmark in the smartphone market by coming out with an Android smartphone having a 5 inch screen that is available for just INR 10,000. Cashing in on the craze for smartphones having a large screen in the likes of Samsung Note, S3 and HTC One X series besides the Xperia series from Sony Ericsson; Micromax is coming out with its first 5 inch screen smartphone, namely the Micromax A100. The product is, however, several rungs below the likes of Note and S3 or HTC one X when it comes to the display quality or the pixel density but for the price range it is available, it is definitely worth the money.
Micromax A100 Price – Best Deals
There has been no official announcement from the company but the product, Micromax A100, is already listed in the Homeshop18 website for 9,999. At this stage it is showing out of stock but the listing of the phone gives a detailed of the specifications that are on offer.
Micromax A100 Specifications
The major features of the phone plus tablet or the popularly used word phablet, off late are:
- Dimensions- 5.6 inch (l) x 2.9 inch(w) x 12mm(d)
- Weight- 168 g.
- OS- Android 4.0.4 , Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Camera- 5 MP with support for video recording and LED flash.
- Memory- Internal 4 GB storage and expandable to 32 GB with a memory card slot
- Screen- 5 inch screen with a pixel density of 480 x 854
- Battery- 2000 mAh Lithium Ion battery having a talktime of up to 5 hours
Micromax A100 Key Features
Other features of the device include:
- Dual SIM
- Dual Standby ( GSM 900/ 1800/ 1900 Mhz)
- 3G support
- FM radio, 3.5 mm jack and accelerometer
- Support for 3GP, MP4, MP3, MIDI, AMR.
- Package contents include- charger, earphones, data cable, one year warranty and user manual.
- The phone has a TFT display and a scratch resistant display.
There is still no information available on the hardware of the phone and features like CPU and the RAM have yet not been listed on the site.
Micromax A100 Images
The phone is sure to bring excitement in the domestic market with owners now having the option of showing off as big a phone as the Galaxy Note but at merely one-third the price. It will be interesting to see how the phone fares, given the popularity of Micromax in the low-segment phone markets. The company doesn’t have any stronghold when it comes to the smartphone sector, but this could well be a stepping stone for Micromax. The major challenge for the phone would be its reliability.